Crop-Chopper Flail Harvesters
- Chops a variety of crops: standing crops for green feeding and cornstalks or straw for bedding. It mows weeds, clears small brush and stubble, and tops potatoes and beets. It even clips pastures and waterways, chops flax and cleans up rice stubble.
- Curved cutterhead paddles give added lift, so crop goes into the wagon even when it's moist.
- Cutterhead has individually adjustable knives that rechop the crop after it passes through the rotor flails.
- Knives have two cutting edges for double cutting life.
- Cutterhead available with your choice of two, three or six knives.
- A slip clutch on the main drive gearbox protects the power train from damage caused by power surges.
- Hydraulic lift bundle is standard equipment.
- Overrunning clutch in the main drive prevents damage to the gearbox and PTO shaft.
- Hinged access door to all areas makes servicing easy.
- Tongue adjusts to four operating positions & two transport positions with a rope-controlled shifter pin.
CHOPS A VARIETY OF CROPS
Most often, the Model 38 is used to chop standing grass crops for daily green feeding. But it also works well when making bedding from cornstalks or straw, or shredding and spreading cornstalks for mulching. It mows weeds, clears small brush and stubble, and tops potatoes and beets. It even clips pastures and waterways, chops flax and cleans up rice stubble. When you need a multi-purpose machine that lives up to its name, look no further than a New Holland CropChopper® harvester.
Heavy-duty rotor bearings, protected by special seals and lubricants, keep out moisture, dirt and debris. And, the rotor housing opens when you discharge materials on the ground—a useful feature when shredding and spreading cornstalks, mowing weeds or clearing brush and stubble. The cutterhead has individually-adjustable knives that rechop the crop after it passes through the rotor flails. The cutterhead can also be equipped with your choice of two, three or six knives. Rotor knives feature a staggered pattern to ensure an even, uniform crop flow. And micrometer-type knife holders make it easy to adjust the knives with the shear plate, so there’s no need to loosen knife bolts.