HDL-10 Series Harrows
The 10 Series harrows from McFarlane can be used independently or easily pulled behind a field cultivator or disk. Hydraulic lifts have been integrated into each unit to make working with your primary tillage tool even easier.
- 8 bars for superior leveling
- Fully flexible harrow sections
- Dual positive pitch settings — 50° or reverse harrow pull for 38°
- Easy manual forward folding wings for conversion to transport
- Long hitch for tighter turning
- Scatter residue and provide
- 4 + 4 options are also available
HDL-100 Series 8-Bar Harrows
- Multipurpose Design - These and more industry leading features can be found on the McFarlane 100 Series 8-bar harrow. The 10 teeth per foot coverage is what is needed to break and level the toughest soil types. Damp fields can be aerated and dried in a single pass and chemicals are incorporated to recommended depths. Trussed and gusseted frame ensures trouble free operation. And, the single hydraulic circuit control makes it easy to use.
- One Pass System - The HDL-100 Series carts are a great match to any primary tillage tool, creating a one pass system for seedbed prepara-tion. The long telescoping hitch and nar-row frame make it ideal for towing be-hind a field cultivator or disk. The single hydraulic circuit is easy to operate both in the field and in transport.
- 8 Bar Spike Tooth Harrow - Harrow sections are fully flexible, following the contour for even coverage, but resist bunching in high residue. The ten teeth per foot provides the coverage necessary to level and firm the seedbed. Machined high-carbon teeth, heavy wall harrow pipe and high strength pull chains stand up to the toughest conditions.
- 4+4 Bar Spike Tooth Harrow - Get the same ten teeth per foot coverage as the 8-bar section, but with better residue handling capability. The front 4 and back 4 bars are pulled independently and can even be run in standing corn stalks. Use the 4+4 to cover exposed seed or level, smooth and firm tilled fields.
HDL-1100 Series Harrows
Redesigned in 2017, the McFarlane HDL-1100 series harrow, builds off our extraordinarily popular HDL-1000 series cart. It offers improvements that add strength and easier operation to ensure that you have the best seedbed in a single pass. The HDL-1100 McFarlane Harrow Cart design features include a one-piece frame for greater strength and reduced assembly time and a large trussed wing frame that eliminates the cable supports. An added spring-cushion for the wing fold cylinder makes folding and unfolding for transport and field operations now more reliable and user-friendly. The updated locking wing rest uses a pin to retain the wings in the transport position so the operator can lock and unlock the wings with much less effort.
The McFarlane Harrow also features flexible sections with proprietary hardened spikes that ensure the ability to follow the terrain while leveling, breaking clods and providing shallow chemical incorporation as recommended by herbicide manufacturers. Harrow sections are adjustable with 2 positive pitch teeth settings of 50° or 38°, to attain excellent leveling and superior soil stirring action. Available in working widths from 24' to 60' (note configurations vary past 50'), the HDL-1100 offers close-tooth spacing and multiple bar options and configurations to meet the most demanding seedbed preparation challenges for both traditional and conservation tillage practices.
- Single hydraulic circuit for lift and fold
- One piece main frame that features 4"x6" tubing (1124-1138 models) and 6"x8" tubing (1140-1150)
- Standard walking axles with dual axles available as an option
- Standard tire and lighting packages
- 20 teeth per foot for excellent coverage
- Cushioned wing fold for a smoother transition
- Large trussed toolbar that does not require a wing cable which allows for tighter turning when pulled in tandem with another tool
- Improved wing lock with UHMW cover that prevents paint from scuffing and new securing pin that provides a positive lock
- Multiple harrow configurations are available 8, 4+4, 6+6, 8+8, 12, and 16 bar
WDL-2000 16-Bar Spike Tooth Rear-Fold Harrow
McFarlane’s 16-Bar Spike Tooth Rear-Fold Harrow is more than a harrow. It is the ideal tool for shallow chemical incorporation and seedbed preparation. Taking chemicals to the 1"- to 2" depth recommended by many manufacturers results in better incorporation and better performance from your herbicides. The 16-Bar Harrow makes a firm seedbed for small grains such as sesame and wheat. It is also excellent for preparing hay ground and scattering wheat straw - it won’t leave bunches.
The 16-Bar Rear-Fold gives you a double coverage, and double performance. With 2 to 3 times the normal number of bars and spikes, McFarlane’s 16-Bar Rear-Fold thoroughly breaks and stirs the soil - significantly reducing field preparation time. Depending on soil conditions, some operators use the McFarlane 16-Bar Rear-Fold alone for Spring field preparation. The 16-Bar Rear-Fold Harrow combines McFarlane’s longstanding tradition of rugged dependability with features designed to provide maximum coverage and provides superior performance for field finishing, field preparation, and chemical incorporation.